Discover Italy, Learn to Move with Meaning
Come to Italy to reassess, rejuvenate, and recenter. Immerse yourself in a Pilates-centered wellness retreat, far removed from the stress of daily life.
This retreat is more than just a holiday. It is a journey to wellness where you will feel a deeper sense of connectedness to yourself and the world around you. This Retreat is designed around the Pilates Method of integrated movement. You will learn to use a mindful method called Meditative Movement Practice that helps to recenter when bad habits negatively affect movements. These principles and foundation movements will be integrated to your daily life… from getting out of bed, to preparing a meal, to shopping in the market. It’s all about being present when you move as you will travel to various inspiring Italian Hill Towns where Tuscan culinary, cultural and artistic experiences await.
What to Expect
This retreat is open to individuals at all levels of Pilates. Under Lauren’s guidance, you will enjoy your Pilates journey in a classic Tuscan villa in the Chianti Region. Each morning, your day will begin with an uplifting Pilates mat class that will tone your core and bring balance to your body. There will be an opportunity to practice meditative movement at the villa as well as at some peaceful countryside locations that we will explore around Tuscany. Also included is a private one-on-one session with Lauren for personalized Pilates instruction.
By the end of the retreat, you will feel fit and toned, mentally centered, relaxed, and ready to return home, rebalanced and full of positive energy.
Villa Albizi is located in the heart of the Chianti region of Tuscany, not far from Florence and Siena. There is a gym for classes, a pool and a park-like garden for relaxing. Services include WiFi, a clothes washer. While the villa dates to the sixteenth century, it is completely modern and tastefully decorated with plenty of living space for informal gatherings. It is located near a small village where you can stroll and stop for coffee or gelato.
A healthful breakfast and dinner will be prepared on site by a local chef. We can even pitch in with cooking lessons after which we can enjoy our lessons as part of dinner. Lunches will be on your own during our excursions.
Each day after class, our driver will take us out into the beautiful Tuscan countryside. We will:
- Visit the Chianti Sculpture Park where we can engage in meditation and journaling or just wander the park
- Tour the ancient Etruscan hill town of Volterra for a private tour of the remains of this pre-Roman civilization
- Visit Bagna Vignone, a site of ancient mineral springs for a soak in the healthful waters and an optional spa treatment
- Tour the medieval city of Siena where we will enjoy dinner in the beautiful central piazza where the famous Il Palio horse race takes place during the summer
- What is a trip to Chianti without a winery tour! We will sample some of the areas fine wines and cheeses
There are so many things to do in Tuscany! We try not to over book your days so that we can be free to explore the many surprises that await in Tuscany.
What is included?
- Transport from and back to the Florence airport or train station
- Single or shared accommodations (Single supplement applies)
- Meals include seven breakfasts, six dinners, two lunches; plus aperitivo wine and snacks
- Transportation for excursions, tour guide fees and museum entrance fees
- All classes and private sessions
Note- Not Included: Airfare, travel insurance, other transportation outside of that specifically listed in the trip package, beverages or foods requested outside of included meals (including coffee, tea, wine, alcoholic drinks)
“A body free from nervous tension and fatigue is the ideal shelter provided by nature for housing a well-balanced mind, fully capable of successfully meeting all the complex problems of modern living.”
– Joseph Pilates
Lauren is a Master Certified Pilates Instructor who is passionate about life and motivating others.
Through the running of her own studios, traveling to help others with their fitness goals, and founding the Conscious Strong™ Movement, Lauren has arrived at the full evolution of her mission. That means mindfulness, movement, meditation, and the daily management of peace and happiness for herself and anyone that will join in.
Lauren has special events in the U.S. as well as abroad, numerous times per year.